The only thing more pointless and silly than more than DOUBLING the world record for “LONGEST STAND-UP COMEDY SHOW – MULTIPLE COMEDIANS,” would be breaking your own GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title (184 hours, 16 minutes) by just five minutes. Guess what we’re doing?
Last year’s #BrokenRecordShow was SO FUN. We shot video of the entire show to meet GUINNESS’ evidence requirements but we really wish we could have filmed a documentary about what we were doing. We have all the resources we need to successfully run this 8-day long show and beat our own world record, but we don’t have the equipment we need to film a behind the scenes documentary about doing this very dumb thing (again). That’s where you come in.
We’ve launched an IndieGoGo crowd-funding campaign to pay for the minimum equipment we need to film a documentary.
What We Need
- Three GoPro Hero4 cameras (3 x $329 = $987)
- Six 64GB SD cards (6 x $24 = $144)
- One USB hard drive ($125)
- If we raise more money than the bare minimum we need ($1256 + 10% to cover the fees IndieGoGo will take out), maybe we’ll be able to buy a MacBook Pro to edit this thing on and be able to compensate people who help us out.
What You’ll Get
We appreciate your help. Here’s some ways we’ll thank you:
- VIP all-access passes to the show May 15-23 at The East Room in Nashville, TN – watch hundreds of comics driven to madness by a relentless amount of comedy as many times as you want.
- Tickets to an Exclusive Advance Screening of the finished film
- Digital download of the finished film
- YOUR NAME in the credits of the film / on IMDB
- Weird other stuff?
Risks & Challenges
We HAVE done this before. That said, God is cruel and there are several ways he could possibly smote us:
- The East Room is destroyed by terrorists who hate freedom and comedy.
- What if we DON’T break our own world record? We’ll look pretty dumb, won’t we? The big difference is we first broke the world record after 80 hours and this time it’s going to take us 184 hours and 16 minutes to do it. That’s many more opportunities to screw this up.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Please tell your friends on social media!
- Volunteer to help! Last year we had over 60 volunteers and we couldn’t have done the show without them.
- SHOW UP at the show! We need butts in the seats. Everybody will be much more comfortable with a full audience.
- Join the NashvilleStandUp.com mailing list & follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
- Steal money from some richie rich person who doesn’t deserve what they have and THEN contribute with THAT money.
- Wherever you live, go find the local comedy shows and comedians and support them. The super famous incredible “breakout” comics of 10-15 years from now are trying standup comedy for the first time ever this week and you could be there to see them.
Thank you very much for donating and we hope to see you at the show!